Sunday, March 31, 2019

Game of Thrones stars reflect on the end of the road and their favorite moments of the show!

Photo: Rankin for S Magazine

Maisie Williams. Photo: Rankin for S Magazine

Maisie Williams has a lovely cover story and photoshoot with S Magazine, talking Daisie, #Mophie, and the end of Game of Thrones.

“This whole season was really, really emotional. When I came to shoot my final scene, I had already watched a lot of people wrap and seen all the tears and heard all the speeches,” she says. When her own finale arrived, Williams says she was ready to leave her decade-long role behind. “It was just a really beautiful day, and a really great final scene for me. It felt like the right time to say goodbye to Arya.”

Elsewhere on the internet, a flock of Game of Thrones stars talk to The Guardian about how the show changed their lives, their GoT favorites, and much more, in a great new article.

For Isaac Hempstead Wright, it seems that it’s been a mixed blessing, affecting his first attempt at going to university. “I ended up being assigned a campus police officer,” he tells The Guardian. “It was really full-on and I felt completely overwhelmed. I couldn’t walk out of my halls without being mobbed or having to take selfies. Everyone knew where I lived. Because you’re on the university email system, I’d log on to get my lecture notes and have 40 messages from random strangers saying: ‘Hi, Three-Eyed Raven!’” The actor dropped out but is returning to college now that he’s finished with GoT.

Header Iain Glen Jorah Mormont Winter Town Season 8 801

Iain Glen discusses his fame and social media notoriety courtesy of the show. He tells The Guardian that he’s aware Jorah’s “Ser Friendzone” nickname but also says, “I am such a dunce when it comes to social media I don’t fully understand what it is.”

Glen tells a sweet story about his daughter Mary visiting the bullring set in Osuna, Spain where Game of Thrones filmed the Daznak’s Pit fight scenes. He explains, “The Game of Thrones family took her and dressed her up like Ser Jorah, put her in a little kilt and put blood marks and cuts on her, made her all really dirty, gave her a wee sword and sent her off to the set. The director got her to sit beside the monitor and call ‘Action!’ and ‘Cut!’ in a tiny little high-pitched voice, as a massive fight sequence was brought to life. That’s a very fond memory and she still talks about it.”

Grey Worm actor Jacob Anderson had a hard time letting go of his character, and his trademark Unsullied armor. “On the last day,” he tells The Guardian, “my dresser, Jade, took my armour off and I realised it was the last time I was ever going to wear it. I said, ‘Please, could I leave it on for just a few more seconds?’ I didn’t want to let go of it. And I hated wearing that costume. It’s really uncomfortable. I didn’t expect to feel as emotional as I did.”

The Guardian talks to many more stars of the show including Jonathan Pryce, Carice van Houten, Gemma Whelan, John Bradley, Bella Ramsey, Hannah Murray, and Kristian Nairn, so swing by the site to check out what they had to say!

The post Game of Thrones stars reflect on the end of the road and their favorite moments of the show! appeared first on Watchers on the Wall.


Via http://watchersonthewall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment