Monday, August 22, 2016

Kit Harington speculates on the future of Game of Thrones, and Maisie Williams reacts to season 7!

Jon

It’s been a massive year for Kit Harington. Not only did he come back from the dead as Jon Snow, he snagged an Emmy nomination in the process. The actor speaks to The Hollywood Reporter about the creation of the epic Battle of the Bastards, his thoughts on the seasons to come and reacts to his award nomination.

“I was more thrilled by it than I thought I would be,” he tells THR. “There’s something about a group of people turning around and saying, ‘We liked what you did.’ It made me very happy. I wept. And that wasn’t at all what I expected. I expected to be a lot cooler about it.”

When conversation turns to the Battle of the Bastards, there’s a revelation regarding a famous scene from the episode. The concept for the moment when Jon is almost smothered to death by the crush of men before surging back to the surface was apparently inspired by a conversation between Harington and director Miguel Sapochnik.

That piece came about with me and director Miguel Sapochnik having a conversation. Everything had backed up a bit and we were running out of time to shoot what we had intended. Miguel and I talked about what my greatest fears are. And as it happens, one of my greatest fears is a human crush — those horrible stories you hear about stadiums where people literally suffocate to death because they can’t get out of other people panicking. I thought if we could do that in this sequence, that could be really terrifying for the viewer.

Speculating about the future of the show, Kit sees dark things:

It’s important to stress at this point that I haven’t had any scripts, so this is all guess work for me. I think it’s going to get very bleak before if there is a happy ending. If there’s any sort of win or heroic moment for Jon and everyone else. I think it’s going to get very dark before it gets better. I think what we might see this season is those White Walkers and that Army of the Dead really come into force. So that’s going to be exciting to see. I don’t know what it means. I think with the whole “winter is finally here” business, it means everyone is going to have a really bad time.

Kit may not have had scripts yet at the time of the interview, but you know who has them now?

Maisie Williams.

And she is very excited and alarmed, and wanting to share her abundance of feels. Her Twitter exploded this evening as she reacted to her reading of season 7:

If you weren’t excited for season 7 before, you should be now.

The post Kit Harington speculates on the future of Game of Thrones, and Maisie Williams reacts to season 7! appeared first on Watchers on the Wall.


Via http://watchersonthewall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment