Thursday, March 16, 2017

Isaac Hempstead Wright discusses the under-representation of disabled actors & the end of GoT

Bran

Photography by Drew Jarrett

GQ Style Magazine will be featuring Isaac Hempstead Wright on the cover of their Spring/Summer 2017 issue. The magazine released a short but sweet preview of his interview in which he discusses his initial approach to playing Bran and, of course, the inevitable conclusion of Game of Thrones.

In the brief preview, Hempstead Wright addressed the delicate politics of playing a paralyzed character as an able-bodied actor. “I was ten [when I got the part],” he admitted, “So the last thing I was thinking was, ‘How am I going to act this and what is it like?’ I just… didn’t move my legs… there’s so much under-representation of disabled actors in the media. I’m aware it’s slightly grey territory … and I know I’m lucky to be able to get up at the end of a take.”

When asked how the impending end of Game of Thrones feels, Hempstead Wright answered bluntly: “terrifying.”

“It’s going to have been pretty much half my life when it’s finished. It’s going to be so bizarre, like leaving school all over again. It’s kind of a bittersweet thing because it’s such a tight-knit family… and it’s also, you know, the end of gainful employment.’”

You can read the full interview in the latest issue of GQ Style Magazine, available here.

The post Isaac Hempstead Wright discusses the under-representation of disabled actors & the end of GoT appeared first on Watchers on the Wall.


Via http://watchersonthewall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment